Friday 17 September 2010

Ugly Betty- The Butterfly Effect -Part1



This particular episode of Ugly Betty was what I had based my 50 shot storyboard on. I created this 50 shot storyboard on Powerpoint where I produced four screenshots of the most significant parts of the episode on each page with annotations to help the reader understand what the earlier episode was about. The reason of this exercise was to produce a 'previously on...' which tells the audience about the last episode that happened to keep them updated about the series.

I managed to capture many different camera angles that were featured in this episode such as medium and long shots, close ups, two shots and over the shoulder, low and high angles. In this episode of Ugly Betty it appeared to me the choice of costumes that were used to express the emotions of the characters for example: it shown that 'Betty' and 'Matt' were falling for each other, and the clothes that they were wearing were complimentary colours (orange and blue), this implies togetherness and that they matched suggesting their love for each other.

Studying this episode had helped me gain knowledge of the camera angles and postions that dramas use and the different conventions that are featured which will help me to achieve this in my final projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment